Children’s Centres aim to support local families and carers with children aged 0 to 5 years through parent support and child development, within a caring and nurturing environment. Access their website at https://
They offer a range of service and access to information in each children's centre, including:
- adult learning
- antenatal and parenting courses
- parenting well-being support
- attention and listening support
- infant feeding support poster (PDF) [106KB]
- antenatal breastfeeding workshops leaflet (PDF) [1MB]
- Brush for Life
- home learning information
- speech and language support
- P3 (support and guidance with a range of issues, such housing, money and finance, health and welfare).
- parent/carer and baby and toddler groups
- support and groups for families and children with additional needs or disabilities
They also host a range of partner organisations, including: Midwifery Team, Health Visiting Team, Hillingdon Adult and Community Learning, P3, Speech and Language Team, Occupational Therapy Team, IAPT, Child Development Centre, Perinatal Mental Health Team and Dieticians, The Richmond Fellowship.
All centres are able to offer advice on general parenting, such as toilet training, safer sleep advice, dental care, behaviour management and support for families with children with additional needs. We can also support parent's general wellbeing.
Families' Information Service
Hillingdon Families' Information Service (FIS) aims to help you support your children by providing information for parents.
Hillingdon Families' Information Service provide information on a wide range of services including:
- Childcare and the options available
- Help with childcare costs
- Free early years education for three- and four-year olds
- Free early years education for 40% of two-year olds
- Childcare brokerage services
- Family support services
- Activities and clubs for children and young people
- Services for children with disabilities and additional needs
- Children’s Centres
Information and support services are available Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm. Assistance can be provided by telephone, email or face to face at our London Borough of Hillingdon Council office in Uxbridge. The team also provide information and guidance at regular outreach events within the community.
Hillingdon libraries have a wide range of activities to support throughout your parenting journey. It's never too early to start reading. Reading together increases literacy skills and helps to build a strong and loving relationship between you and your child. Research proves that children who enjoy reading do better at school in all subjects.